Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Purpose

This blog has been created not as a blog in the traditional sense, but merely as a place to display the lyrics to the songs from the Sound of Mark musical by Marty Haughan. Having bought the album, I was disappointed to discover that the lyrics were not printed on the paper insert. Then when I searched the Internet, I found they were not there, either. So I began the long and laborious process of listening to and transcribing the songs. Here are the fruits of my labor, that others may not have to go through the same process. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,

    I signed up just to be able to thank you for the work you put into transcribing the lyrics of this great work of Marty Haughans' onto this blog site.

    About 10 years ago I was a member of a Catholic Gospel Choir in a parish I lived in at the time. We 'performed', for use of a better word, as I feel choirs or groups should not perform in church but sing in praise with all present.

    Anyhow we performed the whole of the Song of Mark one evening in church to help raise monies for some organisation at the time.

    It has had a profound effect on my life. We, my wife and four daughters, all love listening to it and I am always singing it, it would be one of my favourite albums of all times.My favourite songs are "The Wondrous Day of Our God" and "Jesus Sat at Table", they are very emotional songs.

    I am presently helping out in an Adult Catechists Group and I was telling them about the "Song of Mark". I think it is a great way to introduce people to the New Testament, we just need someone to come up with something similar to portray the Old Testament, wouldn't that be great!!

    Thanks to your efforts I am going to make up a booklet of the lyrics for each them to bring home. The album itself is only about €10 online.

    I hope you receive this as I did notice is a few years since you published the blog.

    Thanks again Grace and God bless you.

    Your brother in Christ.

    David.
    (Ireland)

    ReplyDelete