Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Was on the Outside

I was on the outside, no power and no name,
A woman and a pagan, so they say.
While He was on the inside, with His glory and His fame,
And I know that He was in our town today,

So I came to where He stayed and knelt before Him,
And I begged and cried and pleaded, and I prayed.
"Rabbi, please, I beg of you, come heal my child.
Come make my daughter whole once more.
I believe God has sent you to help me,
So I look to you, that you might answer my prayer.
Show her the love that I beg.
I ask nothing more from you, but only this,
To make my daughter whole once more.
I believe that your hands have the power
To restore her life, and so I swallow my pride
And ask you inside."

"Woman, I have many children too.
they are sick, and they are dying, they are hungry,
They are crying out to me for bread.
So woman, what would you have me do?
All these children at my table must be fed.
I cannot give to every dog some bread."

"I would suffer anything to heal my child,
To make my daughter whole once more.
Even the dogs get the crumbs from the table.
Give me anything that you are able to give,
That my daughter might live."

"Sister, you have answered true.
The love of God shall not be kept from you.
Oh, Sister, your cries have touched my soul.
Now go in peace, your daughter is made whole."

I was on the outside, no power and no name,
Yet Jesus turned and heard my plea that day.
He was on the inside, yet He heard me all the same,
And we shared the Reign of God upon the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment