Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Follow Me

Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God and saying,
"The time is fulfilled, the Reign is at hand, repent and believe in the good news."
There on the shores of Galilee James and Andrew and John and Peter were fishing.
Jesus called out to them to give up their nets and their boats and follow him,

And they said: Sorry, we cannot help you.
We have no time for journeys ; we are fishermen.
Journeys are just for dreamers; dreamers do not catch fish,
They just catch trouble, friend, and meet an ugly end.

Come follow me and catch the biggest fish that you will ever get.
Follow me and one day you will catch people in your net!
Follow me, and I will show you things that open up your eyes.
Follow me, for I believe that God can make the simple wise.

Leave your nets along the sea, leave your boats tied at the keep.
Leave your life and follow me, and I will give life to you once more.

If we follow you, we may never have a place to lay our head.
If we follow you, who knows what we will wear, or how we shall get fed.
Yet I promise you that every servant in the Reign of God will shine.
To all the world your life will ever be God's living rainbow sign.

Leave your nets along the sea, leave your boats tied at the keep.
Leave your life and follow me, and I will give life to you once more.

Leave your hopes and dreams and plants, put your future in my hands.
Blessed are you who understand the gift that I offer you
To follow me, whatever road God may choose to lead us down,
To wear the servant's mantle as a crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment